Sunday 2 February 2014

Another Sunday Chit-Chat

I like participating in Carla's Sunday Night Chit-Chat because I am a bad blogger and would probably start slacking off if I didn't participate in these sorts of things.  To start things off, I will post a card I made this weekend.  I really wanted to use the nice paper I bought at Michael's.  I paid too much for it but it was so pretty I couldn't resist.  I participated in the Greeting farm's Farm Fresh Friday (FFF) challenge which was "lovely layers".


Paper:  Recollections "Valentine"
Chipboard letters:  American Crafts
Stamp:  The Greeting Farm - Cheeky Glamour
Embellishment:  Stickles, Tim Holtz distress ink (Black Soot)
I can't remember who makes the bling ...

And now for some chit-chat:

  • Reading:  Lora Leigh - Tanner's Scheme (okay, interesting concept but this book has been primarily about rough sex so far.  Not complaining LOL but wish there was more substance)
  • Listening to:  The Superbowl.  There was no way that hubby was missing it!
  •  Watching:  Nothing particular.  I will find something good to watch while I fold laundry.
  • Cooking/Baking:  Just finished a rice pudding for the kid's lunches.  May attempt banana muffins depending on how much I get accomplished this evening.
  • Happy you accomplished this week:  Got a couple of seat pads made for Evan's wheelchair.  My sewing skills suck so more practice needed. 
  • Looking forward to next week:  Attempting another sewing project.  The more detailed instructions the better.  Maybe I will stick to place mats LOL.
  • Thankful for today:  Our jobs.  Job security is nothing to scoff at.  We are able to afford the extra costs that come with having a disabled child and also tuck some away for education, retirement and a rainy day.
  • Bonus Question: Are you watching the Super Bowl?  Nope.  But I get to listen to it!!  

And here is Findlay playing in the snow.  That dog would stay out all day if he could.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment