Wednesday 12 March 2014

Hump Day

Day 2 of my March Break and it is flying by!  Today we drove to Ottawa for a doctors appointment.  These appointments are the most irritating for me.  It was a pre-assessment since Evan will be sedated for his MRI.  The thing is they ask ALL the same questions every time we go for one of these appointments.  It's not like his Cerebral palsy has been cured overnight or anything.  They have all the notes from the last three times he was sedated for surgery.   I know I am being petty but we have to drive 2.5 hours one way, which is not only long but can be dangerous when you have bad weather (like we encountered on our way back) and with the cost of gas these days, it's not cheap.  In this day and age you would think we could have conducted the question/answer period over phone, skype or facetime.  As for his vitals and weight, they could get that the morning of the MRI.  Seriously.  Right? Okay, rant over.

Here is a card I created using inspiration from a few challenge blogs.  I love this older Magnolia image and I also got to use up some of my older Prima patterned paper that I have been hoarding saving. 



The challenges that I participated in are:


Papertake Weekly - Bingo (I used Button and Flowers, for my free I added a pearl and some lace)
House of Cards - Vintage/Shabby card using a button
Simon Says Stamp - Distress  (I distressed the edges of all the paper using Tim Holtz Tea Dye inks)

7 comments:

  1. OH my gosh, this is darling! LOVE that sweet image--SO cute! And I adore the floral/button corner! Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! HUGS and have a great rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cutie! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. feel free to rant, it all sounds so ridiculous! But your card is so cute! love it!Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just adorable!! I love these soft colors! The little arrangement in the corner is gorgeous!!
    Thanks for playing with us at House of Cards.
    Come back soon, I'm looking forward to see your next creation :)
    Rosi x CAS - DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute baby card! I like the flower and the button! sorry for all the hassles you have to endure to get an MRI for your son - you are so right - things should be streamlined - perhaps you can suggest to make the questionnaire available online? Thanks for playing with us at HOC - I hope to see you there next time again! Hugs, Cornelia HOC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card made me smile and I was so glad to see a lovely creation come about despite the frustrations you listed in your post! I hear you on lots of those points in the medical world! :) There are so many things I love about your card, but that central stamp image is adorable! And I really thought it was genius of you to create that little burst of texture and dimension with the buttons and flowers and lace. The little tag gives it just the right touch, too! Love the lace and the patterned paper goes so smoothly together. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete